Company wins Market Leader in Application Security, Best Product in Cybersecurity Training, and Cutting Edge in SCA categories; continues strong 1H 2021 momentum
RAMAT GAN, ISRAEL – May 17, 2021 – Checkmarx, the global leader in developer-centric application security testing solutions, today announced that it has been named a winner in three categories in this year’s Cyber Defense Magazine (CDM) Global Infosec Awards: Market Leader in Application Security, Best Product in Cybersecurity Training for CxCodebashing, and Cutting Edge in Software Composition Analysis for CxSCA. This continues Checkmarx’s strong 1H 2021 business momentum and growth fueled by net new customer acquisition, product innovation, top talent acquisition, and industry award and analyst recognition.
"We’re honored to be recognized with three Global Infosec Awards, as this is strong validation of our market leading technology and approach in helping organizations and developers confidently face, and effectively address, the challenges of delivering secure software," said Emmanuel Benzaquen, CEO, Checkmarx. "With expanded product capabilities, incredible demand from partners and customers across the globe, and a rapidly-growing team, Checkmarx has seen great success throughout the first half of 2021 and is well-positioned to carry this momentum into the back half of the year."Checkmarx’s Global Infosec Award winners:
- Market Leader in Application Security: For over 15 years, Checkmarx has been at the forefront of helping organizations implement automated security scanning and testing into the DevOps process so that they can improve the security and quality of software without slowing down development. Checkmarx provides the industry’s most comprehensive platform for developers to gain visibility into, and secure, all components of modern software including proprietary code, open source libraries, and infrastructure as code (IaC) via a single pane of glass.
- Best Product in Cybersecurity Training: CxCodebashing inserts gamified, real-time AppSec awareness training and education into every step of software development, enabling developers to create more secure code, better understand security vulnerabilities, and proactively discover and prevent these issues. A recent case study commissioned by Checkmarx found that by implementing CxCodebashing, a leading financial organization saved each of its 1,000 developers two hours per week, translating to 104,000 hours and 1.7 million euro annually through increased productivity.
- Cutting Edge in Software Composition Analysis: CxSCA leverages Checkmarx’s source code analysis and automation capabilities to empower developers to easily detect vulnerabilities and license issues within open source libraries. CxSCA scans are automatically triggered in the event of pull requests, with results embedded directly into developers’ CI/CD pipelines and prioritized based on severity, thereby streamlining development workflows without sacrificing security.
"Checkmarx embodies three major features we judges look for to become winners: understanding tomorrow’s threats, today, providing a cost-effective solution, and innovating in unexpected ways that can help stop the next breach," said Gary S. Miliefsky, Publisher of Cyber Defense Magazine.Additional 1H 2021 Checkmarx highlights include:
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Static Application Security Testing, Q1 2021, earning the top possible scores for product vision, planned enhancements, execution roadmap, and market approach.
- Launched KICS, Checkmarx’s first open source project for static analysis of IaC. With over 1,300 pre-defined queries, KICS can help organizations quickly find IaC security issues before they are deployed. Notably, KICS is seeing rapid adoption, already surpassing 10,000 downloads in less than three months since being released.
- In addition to the Global Infosec Awards, earned five industry accolades for AppSec excellence, product innovation, and market trajectory:
- Two 2021 Cybersecurity Global Excellence Awards (Hot Security Company of the Year and Application Security and Testing); and
- Three 2021 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards (Best Cybersecurity Company, Application Security, and Software).
Checkmarx is the global leader in software security solutions for modern enterprise software development. Checkmarx delivers the industry’s most comprehensive Software Security Platform that unifies with DevOps and provides static and interactive application security testing, software composition analysis, and developer AppSec awareness and training programs to reduce and remediate risk from software vulnerabilities. Checkmarx is trusted by more than 40 of the Fortune 100 companies and half of the Fortune 50, including leading organizations such as SAP, Samsung, and Salesforce.com. Learn more at www.checkmarx.com/zh.
About CDM Infosec Awards
This is Cyber Defense Magazine’s ninth year of honoring global InfoSec innovators. Our submission requirements are for any startup, early stage, later stage or public companies in the information security space who believe they have a unique and compelling value proposition for their product or service. Learn more at www.cyberdefenseawards.com.
About Cyber Defense Magazine
With over 5 Million monthly readers and growing, and thousands of pages of searchable online infosec content, Cyber Defense Magazine is the premier source of IT Security information for B2B and B2G with our sister magazine Cyber Security Magazine for B2C. We are managed and published by and for ethical, honest, passionate information security professionals. Our mission is to share cutting-edge knowledge, real-world stories and awards on the best ideas, products and services in the information technology industry. We deliver electronic magazines every month online for free, and special editions exclusively for the RSA Conferences. CDM is a proud member of the Cyber Defense Media Group.Media Contacts
Public Relations Manager, Checkmarx
InkHouse for Checkmarx