- Swift, one of the fastest growing programming languages in history, is being increasingly adopted by organizations across all verticals. Since launching publicly at Apple’s WWDC in 2014, Swift has soared in popularity amongst programmers and has caught the attention of other major technology players in the process. Google is now considering implementing Swift as a “first class” language for Android, Facebook and Uber are exploring ways to make Swift more central to their operations, while IBM, Lyft, Firefox, LinkedIn and others have adopted Swift into their projects. With Swift now available to the open source community there is little doubt that its uptake will grow even more significantly. Considering its meteoric rise in popularity, and the increasing amount of sensitive personal data contained within Swift applications, there is an urgent need to ensure that all projects written in Swift are properly scanned for security, quality and compliance issues.
- Checkmarx scans Swift code for a wide range of potential vulnerabilities including high-level security threats such as SQL injections (SQLi), reflected XSS, buffer overflows, stored XSS and others.
- Adding to the extensive list of 20 programming languages already supported by Checkmarx’s CxSAST, the addition of Swift support complements Checkmarx’s superior support for iOS and OS X applications. Checkmarx’s programming language support is operating system agnostic, which serves as a significant advantage for iOS and Swift development shops that can maintain their code security levels even upon new iOS version releases.
- “Checkmarx is committed to keeping up with the most advanced development technologies,” says Checkmarx VP of Products Nir Livni. “Many of our customers already use Checkmarx’s CxSAST to deliver secure mobile applications and Swift language support is part of this coverage. Swift is quickly becoming the most popular mobile development language and I am glad we are able to help our customers introduce new mobile applications while ensuring they are secure.”
- Click here to read more about how Checkmarx helps to identify and remediate Swift security vulnerabilities as well as a complete language overview.
About Checkmarx Checkmarx is an application security software company, whose mission is to provide enterprise organizations with application security testing products and services that empower developers to deliver secure applications. Amongst the company’s 1,000 customers are five of the world’s top ten software vendors and many Fortune 500 and government organizations, including SAP, Samsung, and Salesforce.com. For more information about Checkmarx, visit https://www.checkmarx.com or follow us on twitter: @Checkmarx