We’re excited to announce that Checkmarx has received five awards recognizing our industry-leading application security solutions, product capabilities, and current market standing and trajectory! First off, the 17th annual 2021 Cyber Security Global Excellence Awards named Checkmarx a gold and bronze award winner in its Hot Security Company of the Year | Security Software and Application Security and Testing categories, respectively. These prestigious global awards recognize cybersecurity and information technology vendors with advanced, ground-breaking products, solutions, and services that push the boundaries of innovation. Additionally, Checkmarx took home the gold in three categories in this year’s 2021 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards: Best Cybersecurity Company, Application Security, and Software. Award winners were selected based on their ability to demonstrate excellence, innovation, and leadership in information security. Both the strength of nomination and the popular vote by members of the infosec community factored into the awards decision-making process. Checkmarx’s success with these awards stems in-part from a banner 2020 calendar year, which included:
- Achieving unicorn status after being purchased at a $1.15B valuation by Hellman & Friedman. Not only did this milestone signify just how essential application security is to navigating today’s digital evolution and maintaining business continuity, but it also validates our unique approach to AppSec, product roadmap, and broader market potential.
- Garnering widespread industry and analyst recognition. On top of Forbes calling the Checkmarx approach to integrating application security testing (AST) into DevOps “among the industry’s most comprehensive,” we also saw strong accolades from Gartner. We were named a ‘Leader’ in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for AST for the third consecutive year, ranked highest for the DevOps / DevSecOps use case in the 2020 Gartner Critical Capabilities for AST, and named a 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for AST for the second straight year.
- Strengthening the industry’s most comprehensive software security platform. Noteworthy product highlights from last year include:
- Launching a next-gen, SaaS-based SCA solution (CxSCA), allowing developers to secure both custom and open source code via one unified solution;
- Unveiling new automation capabilities that simplify the implementation of AST in DevOps environments;
- Announcing integrations with GitHub and GitLab to provide comprehensive, automated AST right within developers’ preferred environments; and
- Bringing our solutions to AWS Marketplace and earning AWS DevOps Competency status.
- Uncovering critical vulnerabilities in applications, software, IoT devices, and more to drive industry-wide change in the way software is built. Checkmarx researchers found flaws, and provided fix guidance in music streamline platforms, smart vacuums, event hosting websites, open source packages, smartphones, and much more. “Everyone is safer today because of the great work and integrity of the Checkmarx researchers,” Ian Thorton-Trump, a cyber threat intelligence expert and CompTIA global faculty member, shared with Forbes after reviewing one of the reports.